The college's Division of Continuing Medical Education supports the planning and delivery of effective, evidence-based medicine for physicians and other health care professionals. As a provider of CME accredited with commendation by the ACCME, the UI Carver College of Medicine ensures balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all the continuing education activities it sponsors. The Carver College of Medicine places a high priority on the health and well-being of the public and strives to bring about performance improvement of health professionals and improved outcomes for patients.
CME staff provide consultation in a number of areas such as:
- ensuring quality improvement in CME
- managing compliance and conflict of interest issues
- developing outreach and online CME programs
- measuring performance improvement.
Our professional staff offer a complete array of event planning and support services that includes:
- identifying gaps in practice that might impede optimal patient outcomes
- assisting with the preparation of CME applications to meet ACCME criteria
- preparing budget estimates
- creating targeted advertising to health care providers
- approving contracts for meeting venues
- maintaining an online disclosure database
- providing a variety of financial and other reports upon request
- overseeing the online registration process
- measuring the effectiveness of educational programming.
For a complete listing of event planning tasks and fees, please contact Lori Raw at 319/335-8601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.