Named for the late Professor Frederick C. Blodi, this facility provides diagnostic services and supports a wide variety of vision-related research projects.
The laboratory is a service of the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Science. It is affiliated with part of the system of diagnostic laboratories in the Department of Pathology, a vital part of the University of Iowa Health Care.
- Phone: 319/335-7095
- Fax: 319/335-7193
- Locating the Laboratory
- Pathologists: Nasreen A. Syed, M.D. and Patricia A. Kirby, M.D.
- Specimen Collection Manual | Specimen Collection Manual Outside UI
- Ophthalmic Pathology Consultation Request Form, outside UIHC
- Transportation Fact Sheet
Certifications and Accreditations
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists since 1989. CAP accredited
- Certified by The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA): CLIA Certificate of Accreditation #16D0648107