The Department of Family Medicine is recognized nationally for excellence in patient care, teaching and research. The department is dedicated to providing primary care for the citizens of Iowa, educating medical students, training resident physicians, providing continuing education, and creating new knowledge to improve primary care and health care delivery systems.
Our goal is to protect your health and that of your family. In addition to providing excellent primary care, Family Medicine health professionals offer expertise in the full range of a family's health care, including:
- Pregnancy-related health care including delivery and care of mother and child after delivery
- Care for children and adolescents including sports physicals and immunizations
- Women's health care and birth control options for women and men
- Care for adults and older patients, including geriatrics and nursing home care
- Behavioral health care through our Counseling and Health Promotions Service