Careful consideration is taken to safely deliver radiation therapy to each patient seen within our department. Central to that care is a dedicated team of nurses, physicians, physicists, dosimetrists, and radiation therapists.
We are able to treat adult and pediatric cancers of the brain; thoracic cavity; breast; prostate; head and neck; gastrointestinal; gynecological areas; and eye.
Both more common external and internal beam treatments are prescribed to patients including:
- Image guided radiation therapy
- LDR (low dose rate) brachytherapy
- IMRT (intensity modulated radiation therapy)
- Steretotactic radiosurgery
- HDR (high dose rate) brachytherapy
- IORT (intra-operative) brachytherapy
Some less common treatments for rarer types of cancer are also treated in the clinic. These include:
- Eye plaques to treat intra-ocular cancer
- Total skin irradiation therapy (TSE) to treat mycosis fungoides.