"Together we have a vision for the future."
The Department wishes to express its gratitude to all those who have made contributions to the UI Foundation in behalf of the Department of Ophthalmology.
The generosity of our faculty, alumni, colleagues and patients has been phenomenal in helping us to establish endowments that support our teaching and research.
Named Chairs, Professorships, Lectures and Awards
- Beulah and Florence Usher Chair in Cornea/External Disease and Refractive Surgery
- Frederick C. Blodi Chair in Ophthalmology
- Lillian C. O'Brien and Dr. C.S. O'Brien Chair
- Carver Chair in Molecular Genetics
- The Martin and Ruth Carver Chair in Ocular Cell Biology
- The Pomerantz Family Chair
- The Roy J. Carver, Jr. Chair in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- The Seamans-Hauser Chair in Molecular Ophthalmology
- Clifford M. and Ruth M. Altermatt Professorship in Glaucoma
- Dina J. Schrage Professorship in Macular Degeneration Research
- Donald H. Beisner, MD and Judith Gardner Beisner Professorship
- Hansjoerg E.J.W. Kolder, MD, PhD Professorship in Best Disease Research
- Marion and Frederick Fuerste, MD Professorship in Ophthalmology
- Ronald V. Keech, MD Associate Professorship in Ophthalmic Genetics
- The Rodolfo (Rudy) and Margaret Perez Professorship in Ophthalmology Education
- William E. Scott Professorship in Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Robert C. Watzke, MD, Professorship in Retina Research