In addition to the scientific and medical skills and knowledge you perfected and practiced, there is and will be additional areas of knowledge you will need to learn to realize your career aspirations.
It is the mission and responsibility of The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development (OFAD) to help you to succeed. Our Office provides to you guidance, learning opportunities, and policy clarification. Our job is to support you.
Consultation, Programs and Resources Sponsored by the Office of Faculty Affairs and Development
- Confidential Guidance, Counsel and Support
- Associate Dean Geist, and Assistant Dean Moser are available to discuss any concern or question you my have. To schedule a private meeting please submit an email request to CCOM-OFAD@uiowa.edu.
- Upcoming Programs
- Seminars for Professional Writing, Speaking and Teaching Skills
- Consultation on Writing and Speaking Skills
- New Faculty Orientation
- Faculty Mentoring
- Individual Faculty Development Plan
- Professional Development Online Videos
- Archived Seminars
- Promotion and Tenure Seminars
- Strategies to Minimize Lost Time
Programs and Resources Sponsored by Other Groups
- Office of Consultation and Research in Medical Education
- Division of Continuing Medical Education
- UI Healthcare Executive Leadership Academy
- Faculty Development Programs Sponsored by the Provost
- Office of the Provost Development Programs
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
- Career Development Award